Commercial Credit Analyst
This position provides great opportunities for growth in a variety of areas, including finance, lending, and the business of banking. This individual will be responsible for providing credit analysis for the lending activities of First State Bank & Trust Co. Will provide analytical services in the administration of loan accounts. When needed and in conjunction with loan officer(s) will meet with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests. The candidate will also work with the bank management team working on analytical projects.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Credit Analysis: Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loans. Assist in negotiating loans and structuring presentations. Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Monitoring: Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios to determine financial covenants. Assist with annual account reviews and ticklers. May monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Inspections: Perform collateral inspections including but not limited to commercial real estate properties and single-family residences. Also assist in documenting values of subject properties.
- Administrative: Participate in loan meeting discussion of credit structure and financial analysis and other applicable meetings and trainings.
- Assist with bank-wide projects, particularly as they relate to Lending or Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics and/or business administration. Relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Prior experience in commercial credit analysis preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial data such as cash flow, balance sheet and collateral dynamics of customers’ properties and geographic area.
- Possess analytical skills necessary to assess and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
- The ability to prioritize using effective time management and organizational skills in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization and in the community.
- Must possess a “can do” attitude/philosophy and be ready to “hit the ground running.”
Environment Demands: The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. This position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
Please send email inquiries or your resume or LinkedIn profile to Leigh@fusion.bank.
Seeking Other Opportunities? If you are interested in exploring other possible employment opportunities with First State Bank & Trust Co., please download the application form here and submit form or inquiries to email@example.com.
First State Bank & Trust Co. is an equal opportunity employer.